The confidence we have in our products mean we are delighted to offer a comprehensive range of parts and labour warranties for all our products in our Deva By Methven brand.
The table below gives you a simple summary of the Warranties subject to the full terms and conditions below the table;
|Chrome Tapware**||12 years||2 years|
|Shower Valves||5 years||2 years|
|Shower Accessories||1 year|
|Electrical products (including Sensor Taps)||2 years||2 years|
**All other finishes are 5 year parts, 2 years labour
The following Deva By Methven warranty is given by Deva By Methven and Methven UK Limited (registered number 06290166) whose registered office is at Eversheds House, 70 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5ES (“Methven”, “we”, “us” or “our”) and it applies to Methven and Deva By Methven products for domestic use supplied to end users (“Customers”) to be fitted in a private dwelling located in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland.
How to claim under this warranty
In order to make a claim, you can contact us by one of the following methods:
* Free phone: 0800 195 1602
* Email: email@example.com
Methven Experience Centre
3/3A Stone Cross Court
Yew Tree Way
Fax: +44 (0)8444 068 690
When contacting us, please provide as much detail as possible about the product and your claim. We also ask you to provide us with your contact details so that we can provide you with further details on how to proceed with your claim and contact you in relation to it. We will provide you with a Customer Care Reference which relates specifically to your claim – please include your Customer Care Reference on all correspondence and have it available when you contact us by telephone.
Once we have sufficient details of your claim (which we may require in writing), we will assess the details of your claim and, where this warranty applies, we will contact you to advise you of the relevant solution. Our solutions may include:
- Sending out parts to rectify the problem;
- Arranging for you to return the product(s) and sending out replacement product(s); or
- Arranging a site visit to assess the problem.
Warranty terms and conditions
Methven will, free of charge, during the Warranty Period for the relevant product (as set out below) repair, or at its option replace, products which not comply with the specification for such products (as set out on Methven’s website and in Methven’s brochures and other marketing materials) due to defects in materials, workmanship and/or design (other than a design made, furnished or specified by the Customer).
Methven will not be required to repair or replace products under this warranty where:
- the Customer is unable to prove that the product was purchased from Methven or a Methven-approved supplier by supplying Methven with an original valid invoice and/or receipt;
- the product has not been installed, maintained and, where relevant, repaired by Methven or a professional plumber with at least NVQ Level 2 plumbing qualifications (or equivalent);
- any instructions as to storage, installation or use of the products made available to the Customer have not been complied with (including instructions regarding the use of filters and/or temperature and pressure levels of water connected to the products)
- the system the products are fitted to contains contain debris
- the product has been damaged by misuse, accident, or neglect
- harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners must not have been used on the product.
- the product has been tampered with or repaired in any way other than in accordance with this warranty
- the product has discolouration, corrosion or rusting from ‘hard’ water and/or other environmental factors
- the product has not been serviced at regular intervals in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
This warranty will apply to any products and/or replacement parts which are repaired or replaced for the remainder of the original Warranty Period.
Where Methven is unable to provide a replacement product, we may offer you an alternative replacement product or refund.
Exclusions of Liability
This warranty does not cover:
- damage to products caused by any reason other than defective materials, workmanship and/or design, including any damage caused by any person who is not employed by Methven; or
- filters, seals, washers, nuts, bolts, screws and any other consumable or wearable items
Methven shall not be liable, whether directly or indirectly, to the purchaser or end user of any product purchased from Methven for any loss, damage (including consequential damage), cost or expense suffered or incurred by that person (including, without limitation, any damage and/or labour charges incurred in relation to the installation, re-installation, repair or replacement of any product), other than (i) as provided in the above provisions; (ii) as provided under any relevant consumer protection legislation; or (iii) as consented to by Methven in writing in advance.
Methven will be entitled to recover its reasonable costs of attending your premises and/or, where relevant, returning products to you (as notified to you at the relevant time) in circumstances in which:
- we attend your premises and are unable to access the product (e.g. where we are unable to gain access to premises or are unable to access the product without causing damage to your property);
- upon testing the product, it is found not to be defective under the terms of this warranty; and/or
- you have not followed the terms of this warranty and/or any instructions provided by or on behalf of Methven in respect of the product.
This warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Subject to the paragraph below:
In some circumstances, it may not be possible to repair or replace products without undertaking works which may damage your premises and/or property (including, without limitation, fixtures and fittings). We will not undertake any works at your premises without your authorisation but will have no liability (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any damage to your premises and/or property where you have authorised us to carry out such works.
We will be liable only for repairing, replacing and/or refunding products covered by this warranty and will not be liable for any other losses or damage including, without limitation, water damage caused by our products, repairs and/or services.
We will have no liability for any loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill and/or liability that you have to third parties (in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential).
Nothing in this warranty excludes our liability (i) for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence; (ii) for our fraud; (iii) arising under section 12 Sale of Goods Act 1979; (iv) arising under Section 2(3) Consumer Protection Act 1987; and/or (v) for any matter which it is not permitted by law to limit or exclude, or attempt to limit or exclude, our liability.
During a period of two years following the performance of repairs by Methven under this warranty, Methven will, at its option, re-perform any repairs and/or replace any affected products in the event that Methven’s failure to perform such repairs with reasonable skill and care directly causes any product(s) to fail to comply with the specification for such product(s).
Any product that has not been fitted in a private dwelling located in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland will be subject to our Commercial Warranty of 12 months parts and labour, as set out in Condition 8 of Methven’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.