We are striving to become carbon neutral by offsetting our carbon output. As part of this commitment we have recently achieved THG Eco Carbon Neutral status.
The process of achieving this involved analysing and accurately quantifying direct carbon output from operations, as well as indirect emissions associated with the purchase of energy.
In line with requirements of the certification, We have offset our Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions for the financial year of 2022 through working with THG Eco to support the installation of wind turbines in India, while 101 trees have been planted in the businesses name through the THG ‘more:trees’ programme.
Chris Billingham, Head of Marketing and Innovation said: “We are always looking at building a greater understanding of the environmental impact of our work in order to address and reduce it.
“Working with THG Eco gave us a credible and easy to understand insight into the carbon emissions produced by our operations, while also allowing us to offset this through supporting their network of projects.
“Of course, our work with sustainability is multi-focused; we are consistently striving to innovate with water efficient products and educate consumers regarding water saving habits, while addressing how our business itself can run in a more sustainable manner.
“We are proud to have taken this step and are looking forward to continue our work in this area.”
THG Eco works with various organisations across multiple industries, to advise and support on ways to offset and reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) and carbon output across Scopes 1, 2 and 3, with aim to become Net Zero in line with the 2050 guidelines, determined by the UK Government under the Paris Agreement.
Environmental Policy Statement
Methven UK Limited recognises that sound business management must take into account the effects of its operations on the environment.
Therefore, the company will:
- Tailor our policies and procedures to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
- Prevent, avoid or minimise pollution in all forms wherever possible, particularly the waste that is sent to landfill.
- Minimise the production of all types of waste and dispose of that which cannot be avoided in a lawful and responsible manner.
- To comply with, or better all relevant environmental legislation, regulatory controls or other requirements to which we subscribe that relate to our environmental aspects.
- Continually improve the company's overall performance through a structured framework of performance targets, audits, meetings and set periodic reviews. From this framework objectives and targets will be set and implemented within the constraints of the company budget and management programme.
- Provide the necessary resources and managerial support to implement and fully maintain the Environmental Management System as a whole.
- Communicate this policy to all Methven UK Limited employees and encourage staff to take a positive, committed approach to protecting the environment.
- Listen to and, when necessary, respond to communications from those affected by the business operations, members of the public and others with a direct interest in our environmental performance.