Methven UK Limited recognises that sound business management must take into account the effects of its operations on the environment.
Therefore, the company will:
- Tailor our policies and procedures to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
- Prevent, avoid or minimise pollution in all forms wherever possible, particularly the waste that is sent to landfill.
- Minimise the production of all types of waste and dispose of that which cannot be avoided in a lawful and responsible manner.
- To comply with, or better all relevant environmental legislation, regulatory controls or other requirements to which we subscribe that relate to our environmental aspects.
- Continually improve the company's overall performance through a structured framework of performance targets, audits, meetings and set periodic reviews. From this framework objectives and targets will be set and implemented within the constraints of the company budget and management programme.
- Provide the necessary resources and managerial support to implement and fully maintain the Environmental Management System as a whole.
- Communicate this policy to all Methven UK Limited employees and encourage staff to take a positive, committed approach to protecting the environment.
- Listen to and, when necessary, respond to communications from those affected by the business operations, members of the public and others with a direct interest in our environmental performance.